Monday, June 14, 2010

Reminiscing

I was going through some pictures and found this one of my Grandparents. They had a horse ranch in Irish Valley PA called the Santa Fe Ranch. I would go there often and stay with them. My Grandfather was quite the equestrian! In the photo is my Grandfather Bill and Grandmother Sara holding my Aunt Joann(who also is quite the equestrian) who is the same age as my brother Joe, ( My grandmother and mother were expecting at the same time. Joann was born in January and my Brother Joey was born in June on my birthday. I am sitting at the feet of my Grandfather and My uncle Billy is at the feet of My Grandmother. We called her Mommer. She was a wonderful lady and I miss her very much!

11 comments:

Rob and Deanna said...

That's neat! I can sure see Abby in the picture of you. :-)

Gayle said...

Thanks Deanna! A lot of people say that.

Jeanne said...

that's adorable!

Dorcas said...

Gayle.....
I love going through old pictures and reminiscing!! There's just something about memories!!

The Dickinsons said...

What a neat picture, and special memories. Cute picture of you! =)
I hope that you had a Happy Birthday. I'm sorry that I didn't get you told Happy Birthday on time.

Nina said...

It is amazing how these old pictures keep their quality intact.

Daryl Hausman said...

I couldn't BELIEVE how much Abby looks like you and was going to say so and saw that Deanna had said that already. I love to see old photos and times of thinkin back too!
Have a great day! Lova ya, Laura

Cioara Andrei said...

Foarte interesant subiectul deybatut de tine.M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazut, cu siguranta am sa mai revin o zi buna!

Dorcas said...

I miss you blogging, my friend!!

Gayle said...

Hi Dorca! It has been a crazy summer! I have not had a chance to blog and I miss it! Hope all is going well with you!

Dorcas said...

Gayle,
I hope you & your family had a very Merry Christmas and will have a Blessed New Year!!