Last year at Thanksgiving we went to the Outer banks in North Carolina.
Carl's brother John and our sister-in-law Deb went together and rented a house in Duck in the Outer banks. Deb got this house through her boss who owns it with some other people. Our Daughter Michele and our Son-in-law Randy and our Grandson Nate would join us for Thanksgiving. When we arrived the weather was nice a little chilly but the sun was shining . Carl and John did some fishing the first day we arrived and then the next day we got up and we were having coffee when Deb spotted the Dolphins There had to be hundreds of them just jumping in and out of the waves it was awesome! (Little did we realize they new something was coming that we did not know yet) We went site seeing and we noticed later on that it was getting a little stormy . We were going to take the ferry across but they were shutting down because a Northeastern was heading our way. Well we got back to the house and started listing to the weather. The ocean started getting choppy and the wind started blowing. John and Deb slept upstairs and they were listing to the weather channel all night so when they got up they decided they were not going to stay. Carl and I decided to stay and did we ever get our moneys worth What a show we had that night and the next day.
The whole house shook! We thought the windows were going to blow out. You could hear the foam from the waves hit the top floor windows. It was a Thanksgiving vacation we will not forget . When everything calmed down Michele ,Randy and Nate arrived safely and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving together Thanking the Lord we made it through safely. I put together 2 slideshows if you click on the show it will enlarge so you can see the pictures better.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Whew!!! Grammy, I never heard that story...how spooky! I cannot believe that you and pastor stayed it out...but Phillip was reading over my shoulder and saying that it sounded like something he would have wanted to do too.
HOW IN THE WORLD to you climb to the tops of those lighthouses...those pics of those STEPS and how HIGH they were...were enough to give me the creeps.
Glad y'all were saved from floating away!!!!
Love, Heather =)
I don't know why I climb those stairs I thought it wouldn't be to bad since it was inside but the higher I got I knew I had made a mistake. Carl would not even think about going up.
Post a Comment