Sunday, November 18, 2007

LACY OATMEAL COOKIES YUMMY!



I was in the mood to bake yesterday and I was craving chocolate. I found this recipe for these cookies and they look so good I decided to try them they called for raisins and I am not crazy about raisins so I substituted chocolate chips ( I only use name brand chocolate chips Sorry!) I love a crispy cookie and they are really nice if you wanted to stack them and wrap them for a beautiful gift or cookie exchange.

You will need: Unsalted butter , Light brown sugar,granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, old -fashioned rolled oats, all purpose flour, baking soda, salt,raisins or chocolate chips(you could add whatever your hearts desire)


1 1/2 cups (3 sticks ) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups raisins or chocolate chips


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (I did not have parchment paper so I just sprayed the sheet pan with Pam)

2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, blend together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and raisins or chocolate chips.
3. Drop the dough by rounded teaspoon onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies 2 inches apart(the batter spreads a lot).

Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. Let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.



No comments: