Well, I am back! We finally got things cleaned up and a month later we had a reception in my parents back yard. We lived with Carl's parents for a few months then we finally got our own place. This house was on the same street we both were raised on and right across the street from Carl's parents. My Grandparent's lived 3 houses on the same side and my Parents lived on the opposite side at the beginning of the street. Carl's Brother and his family lived on the other side of the street across from my parent's. My Aunt and Uncle lived behind my Grandparent's. Well enough of that! This house cost us $40.oo a month Furnished. We did not have a washer or dryer so we used either my moms or Carl's moms. Carl worked for a meat packing plant that my dad worked at and he made $1.90 an hour. We barley could make the rent payment and sometimes we didn't ! The people that rented to us were very understanding! Well that is our story for now maybe someday I will tell some more:)
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Dear Grammy,
I loved seeing y'all's first house and hearing how y'all started out. That's neat! That was a cute first house! Wow! Y'all didn't lack for family around you then, did you?! =D I'm sure times were hard, but I'm sooo glad that y'all found Jesus, and are our Pastor and wife today. We could not ask for a better pastor and wife. Y'all are the BEST!!
Have a wonderful Lord's Day,
Love ya, Heather =)
Thank you very much for sharing. It has been very interesting. I know when we lived in PA all the family was very close. We had family gatherings every weekend. All the family was very near. We love and appreciate you & Brother E. Thanks for your leadership in our lives. Michelle J
We've been loving these stories of your early years. Thanks for sharing.
I am amazed at your story and also remember the Flood of '72. It was because of that flood I learned of the Gospel and got saved. I would love to know where in Pennsylvania you were from. I was from Lock Haven.
Jeff,
We lived in Trevorton Pa. We then moved to Sunbury around 1976 and in 1980 my husband and I got saved and went to the Sunbury Wesleyan Church and then in 1983 my husband got the call to preach so we moved to Cincinnati and he attended God's Bible School and College and he has been the Pastor of the Christian Nation Church for 22 years. Sounds like you have a interesting story! Thanks for leaving a comment.
Gayle
Thanks for the response! Did you and your husband ever attend the old "Sunbury Camp" I attended there from 71 to 82. I attended Penn View from 76-82 also. Our paths may have crossed during those years. I now live in Massena NY and attend the Pilgrim Holiness church that Dan Smith pastored for a while. God bless you at your church there.
Jeff, We did attend the Sunbury camp! It would have been between 1980 and 1983 then we moved to cincinnati. Did you know Bro and Sis Culver? What a small world! Dan Smith and his family attended our church while they went to college. They are like family to us. God bless you!
Yes, I knew the Culvers. They were friends of my grandmother. I was raised by my grandmother. I remember the Culvers from Camp all those years ago. Revs. Marlin Hain and Howard Frey were good friends of mine in those days as a young person. Amazing sometimes how small a world it can really be.
Jeff,
That is amazing! Bro and Sis Culver were our spiritual heros. They help us in so many ways.
Bro Haine and Bro Frey were wonderful men too. Who was your Grandmother? Maybe we knew her too.
Gayle
My grandmother was Catherine Miller from Milroy PA. That is near Lewistown. She was a Pilgrim from way back and knew a lot of the old timers from her many years of going to camp and conference. She was a young widow and often ran all over the countryside going to revivals. My wife is one of the Straights from NY. She has relatives that live in the Helfenstein area. You may know some of them.
Post a Comment