Monday, July 2, 2007

TRIBUTE TO MY GRANDMOTHER


Last week my Grandmother Sarah who was 91 passed away. I was her first grandchild and I called her Mommer. I guess that is what came out of my mouth first so she ended up with that name. She was a very wonderful grandmother, we loved being with her and she was the best cook ever!
She would make enough pies at Christmas to feed the whole neighborhood. Of course our family was most of the neighborhood. She made so many cookies at Christmas she could have started a bakery. We loved to help and she let us!
We would go shopping with her every Friday night and she would take us out to eat. I would go over to her house in the morning before school and she would make me tea and toast for breakfast. It just tasted so good when she made it! She was a very unselfish lady and she always loved her grandchildren and they all loved her! She took me on trips with her and we had a blast. She will always have a special place in my heart and I will miss her very much!

6 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Grammy, That was a sweet tribute to your Grandmother...she sounded like a very SWEET, caring lady! =)

Love ya,
Heather =)

Anonymous said...

I am glad I got to meet her. I wish I would have been able to spend more time with her and gotten to know her better.
Janie

The Dickinsons said...

Dearest Grammy,
The above message is not Spanish, it is Portuguese (sp?). Beth and another friend of mine got that same message on their blog too! Phillip thinks it's spam. The guy is advertizing his T-shirt company.

Have a wonderful 4th of July!
We love y'all,
Heather =)

Michelle said...

It is awesome to have wonderful memories of Loved ones that pass on. Sounds like she was a wonderful "mommer".

Rob and Deanna said...

Is this you in the picture with your Grandmother? She sounds like a fun lady. :-)

Phillip D said...

This is a beautuful tribute to your grandmother -- Mommer. She sounded like a wonderful lady.

Also, I never got to respond to your comment weeks ago on my blog regarding the lurkers. I had to laugh, knowing what you were teasing about. Hope you all had a great 4th of July; we are so grateful to be Americans!

Blessings to blogger and lurker alike, Phillip