Thursday, May 31, 2007

UPDATE ON SUSAN!

Hello everyone,

We will be flying out of Munich tomorrow around noon (6am, your time). Had my final check up with Pro Spine yesterday and they have cleared me for take off. lol Still have a lot of pain. Sometimes old familiar nerve pain, other times, different odd pains. They expect I should start showing improvement in 4-6 weeks when the nerve and muscle inflammation has had time to calm down. They seem very optimistic. I feel very positive most times, but,
Sometimes when I have a lot of the "old pain", it scares me that this might not work. I still believe I was in the best hands with Dr. Bertagnoli, especially given the complications they ran into with the soft bones and scar tissue from the prior surgery. Unfortunately, for me though, these complications ended up costing me quite a bit more. If this works, I will NEVER regret going into debt for this though.
So Que Sera Sera. All I can do now is try to remain positive and work at healing and stretching these muscles and nerves to match my new 3/4 inch additional height.

Thanks to everyone for the emails, well wishes and prayers. See you soon.

Susan

3 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Glad to read the update!! Still praying for her and her family!

Thanks Grammy for signing Kimberly's post on my blog...she was a VERY HAPPY GIRL with her 14 comments. =)

Please pray all goes well for Sarah's graduation and party tomorrow. THANKS BUNCHES! Wish you were here to help me! =)
Love, Heather =)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear your sister is doing pretty good and able to come home!! I sure hope and pray that she has a really fast recovery and that it was worth going through what she has.

Michelle said...

That is awesome to read the update on Susan. I am praying for her & her family. Back surgery is a hard recovery! I pray it goes fast!!!!
Michelle J