Saturday, March 13, 2010

WONDER WHERE I'VE BEEN?

On Sunday Feb 21 I woke up not feeling well. I felt like I had a stomach virus. I took some Advil and stayed in bed all day. I had a low grade fever and terrible chills and shaking. I took more Advil to help with the fever and shakes . Monday it was the same just kept taking Advil and cold and flu medicine . Tuesday same thing and then Wed my fever went to 103 and I was shaking so bad Carl called the doctor. He did not return the call right away so Carl called back and said that I was very sick the receptionist said he returns his calls around 4:45 pm and Carl told them I could not wait that long. So the doctor immediately called back and talk to me and with the symptoms I told him he thought I might have an appendicitis and said to immediately get to the emergency room. Michele had come down and she took me and we had to wait for about 45 Min's which really isn't long for the emergency room but it felt like an eternity I was shaking and nauseated . They finally called us in and gave me medicine to help with the fever and shaking . They took blood and urine samples and sent me for a cat scan . They came back and said I had a severe kidney infection and that my potassium level was extremely low and my blood pressure was low and I was dehydrated. they started me on IV antibiotics, potassium and admitted me and I spent the next 4 days in the hospital. They also said that my liver enzymes were elevated so they were watching that . After I was discharged I had to stay on antibiotics for 8 more days. Then I went back to the doctor and he said everything looks back to normal. He also said that I was on the list in his office that when I call and say I'm sick I will get called back immediately . Since I rarely go to the doctor. I just Praise the Lord for all he has done for me. Thank you all for your prayers!



4 comments:

Jeanne said...

sorry about all the sickness..
I did miss you on here.
Glad your feeling better...

Anonymous said...

How we thank the Lord for touching you! You were greatly missed and Yes I was worried too! We pray for you both and are so thankful that God has you all to be our Senior Pastor's at CNC! Glad to see you back, Sunday and looking so well! We love you, Laura Hausman

The Dickinsons said...

Grammy, you scared us sooo badly! We were soooo concerned about you being soooo sick and were praying that God would heal you! We are glad that you are home and slowly getting back to normal life. We love you and Pastor E. tons and when y'all hurt, we hurt!

Thank you for your prayers and comment about baby and I. God gave me a wonderful nights sleep and I haven't been as nausaeted today! YEA!

Have a great night!

Janie said...

so glad your feeling better :)