Thursday, April 17, 2008

CONVERSATIONS WITH ABBY




I was on my way to the doctor yesterday with three of my grandchildren, Abby, Ella and Isaac. Abby was sitting up front talking to me and she said, "Grammy why are you going to the Doctor?" I told her I had to have some tests done. She said, "What kind of tests?" I said, "They are tests that check to see if you have cancer." She said, "Well I sure hope you don’t have cancer, Pappy would be very sad if you died!" Then she paused for a little and looked over at me and said, very seriously, "Does Pappy know how to cook?" I said, "A little." I told her if anything happens to me she could cook for him and her response was, "NO WAY!"




After that conversation came this one. We were sitting in the doctor's parking lot waiting for her Mom and Dad to come pick them up and Abby said, "Grammy, do the people in your doctor's building know God?" I said, "I don’t know for sure but some probably do." I said, "Why do you ask?" She said, "Well, I figured they did because the sign on the building said MERCY."




Then Abby told me they were at the dentist office and Caleb asked the dentist why Chinese people have slanted eyes? The dentist told him, "That is how God made them." Abby said, as serious as only Abby can, "When I heard the dentist say that, I knew she knew God."






2 comments:

Lavy Country said...

Very sweet! - the kids and their Grammy :o)

Heidi said...

Love it! Kids come up with the neatest things. Love their logic!!