Thursday, December 13, 2007

CHURCH CHRISTMAS DINNER

Last evening was our annual Church Christmas dinner at the Oasis Banquet and Conference Center. We did something different this year and we had a silent auction to raise money for our building project. Nathan and Connie Earls did a wonderful job of putting it together and we raised about $2600.00. Not bad for our first one. We had items donated from Desserts, Transmission tune up, Ironing, babysitting,ladies made aprons,doll clothes, room painted, tea party , Sunday dinner,beautiful gift baskets, dessert a month, one night stay at Serenity cabins,jar of money.I know there was more but I can't remember all the things. The things in the picture above my husband bid on for me . There was some competition on the Romance Basket,Family night basket, and the Starbucks basket that we got. The Romance basket bid up to around 400.00 and the Sunday dinner went for over $100.00 . Some of the dessert bid high but I can't remember what all they went for.
We had a great time. The food was delicious and Karen mills put together a lot of fun things to do and a funny skit.
Shirks and the Ryans
Kelly Harvey bringing her delicious fudge that we won!

The Susans,Pecks, and Gary Carter
The Hausmans,Beckers, Phylis Youmen, and Joan Cannon

Waiting for the Guests

Here are the two baskets that were the hot items!

The Mills and Carter family
These three guys wanted that basket

Steve Harvey is up to something!

Getting their last minute bids in
Sharon Hutchinson doing a funny skit! That is her volkswagon on the stage.

I will post more pictures on the website. I was hoping to get more from some others my pictures came out dark so hopefully someone else got some better ones.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Looks like lots of great fun!
Love ya,
Michele

Michelle said...

DeAnna & I had a wonderful time! Love you guys, Michelle J

Beth Stetler said...

Great pics! Looks like fun!

The Dickinsons said...

Looks like y'all had a GREAT time, as always! We wish we could've been there. THANKS for posting these pics!!! We loved seeing the one of my sister Laura and her family; we enjoyed all of the pics!

Love y'all,
Heather and family =)