Saturday, December 15, 2007

CHRISTMAS AT GRAMMY AND PAPPY'S

My daughter Michele ask me to post some pictures of my Christmas decorations. Not that they are anything special but she wanted me to tell this story of her conversation with our Grandson Nate. So I posted some of the decorations and of the kids helping me bake some cookies today.



Christmas at Grammy and Pappy's

While walking through the store Thanksgiving week, Nate said to me, "Mom, where are we having Christmas with Grammy and Pappy this year?" You see, last year we celebrated Christmas at our house. I told him I wasn't sure. He very adamantly said, "Well I hope it isn't at our house! It just isn't the same having Christmas with Grammy and Pappy at our house! It should be at their house!" And that was that! A phone call was made and Nate spent the weekend helping Grammy ready her house for Christmas. Grammy didn't do much decorating last year since all the festivities were at our house. Isn't it amazing how grandkids can just say something to grandma or pa and WHAM, it's done! Guess that's the difference between parents and grandparents. Grandparents do all the spoiling and then send them home to the parents to be straightened out. Someone said, "If I knew being a grandparent was so fun I would have had the grandkids first!"

2 comments:

Lavy Country said...

Everything looks beautiful and those grandkids look like they're making some great memories. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. We send our love, wl.

Michelle said...

I am such a horrible mom I still have not decorated for Christmas - Guess I need to get that done. Your decorations look beautiful!