My Grandmother would make the best pumpkin pies!
I have wonderful memories of her baking TONS of pies I think she made for everyone on the block plus our family.
She would always use this kind of pumpkin which we could get in Pennsylvania but when I moved to Ohio I could not find them anywhere.
Everytime someone would come to visit us from PA I would ask them to bring me a pumpkin if it was around this time of year.
Well , Friday Michele called me and said that Wilma called and she found those pumpkins and would I like her to get me some. So she did and I was so excited!
These pumpkins are not as dark as the reg pumpkins you use but they have a milder flavor and when you add all the sugar ,cinnamon etc they are Yummy!
Thank You so much Wilma for Picking these up for me you are my friend forever!
1 comment:
This is funny yet encouraging, for I see these kinds of squash/pumpkin way more here in Colombia than I see normal pumpkin! =)
Love, Heather =)
Post a Comment