On Saturday Janie and I took Nate,Caleb,Abby,Ella and Isaac to Blooms and Berries Farm Market. I have been going there since it had opened and it has grown every year . They have beautiful flowers ,Veg's,a great assortment of pumpkins. Two years ago the owner of Blooms and Berries came down with a very aggressive cancer in August and he had died in December. His wife and two children have taken over the business and they are doing a tremendous job ! Their Son is going to Ohio State and he is also taking over his dads position in running the business.
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
A DAY AT THE FARM!
On Saturday Janie and I took Nate,Caleb,Abby,Ella and Isaac to Blooms and Berries Farm Market. I have been going there since it had opened and it has grown every year . They have beautiful flowers ,Veg's,a great assortment of pumpkins. Two years ago the owner of Blooms and Berries came down with a very aggressive cancer in August and he had died in December. His wife and two children have taken over the business and they are doing a tremendous job ! Their Son is going to Ohio State and he is also taking over his dads position in running the business.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Isn't it a neat place? I asked Jeff about your pumpkins and he knew all about them. He said that's the kind they use most in pumpkin puree for baby food. Did you know he graduated from OSU this spring and landed a really good job at a leading logistics firm here in Cincy, worked 6 weeks and quit to come back and build on Blooms and Berries. I had a great visit with him yesterday. I'm proud of him for doing what he's done with all he's been through with his dad. It'll be interesting to see where he goes in life with that kind of drive. Proves it's not what a person's given that makes them but what they do in spite of it.
Denise
Grammy, this looks like such a neat farm. Great pics and it looks like y'all had a nice time! I enjoyed seeing the pics on Deanna's blog from their groups trip there yesterday too.
Love, Heather =)
I forgot to say that: That is sad that the owner of the farm died not too long ago. =( But, I'm sooo glad that the family still has the farm and is doing a GREAT job with it. That is great! I'm glad that the son is running it for his Mom!
Love ya, Heather =)
Post a Comment