I thought if it turned out I would have it for Comargo Camp one night.
Well, 3 of us thought it was good and one did not care for it and one did not try it. So I need your help! Would you eat this? Do you think it would be something new to try at camp?
It is called Pork Cutlets Diane with Smashed red potatoes.
The Ingredients are:
3/4 cup of chicken broth
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 T.Imitation brandy flavoring
1 T.Dijon mustard
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T.tomato paste
1 lb.pork tenderloin,trimmed and cut at an angle into 8 slices(2oz.each)
2 T.vegetable oil
Blend the broth, onion, garlic, brandy, mustard, Worcestershire, and tomato paste in a food processor or blender until onion is minced.
Season pork slices with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large saute pan over high. Add the cutlets and sear 2-3 minuted per side, or until browned. Remove pork from the pan and keep warm.
Add the broth mixture to the pan, scraping up any brown bits. Bring to a boil and simmer 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Return pork to the pan along with any drippings; simmer to warm through. Season to taste, spooning sauce over cutlets.
Makes 8 Cutlets
Total time:20 minutes
Smashed Red Potatoes
with spring herbs
1lb red-skinned potatoes
3/4 cup buttermilk,warm
1 T.unsalted butter
2 T.chopped fresh parsley
1 T.chopped fresh chives
Salt and pepper to taste
Boil potatoes in salted water in a large pot for 20 minutes,or until tender. Drain, then return the potatoes to the pot and stir over low heat for 1 minute to evaporate excess moisture.
Coarsely crush the potatoes with a potato masher, then add the butter-milk and butter. Off heat, stir in the herbs, salt ,and pepper.
Makes 3 cups
Total time: 30 minutes
5 comments:
Looks VERY GOOD!!!!!
Phillip and I both think it sounds YUMMY!....AND WE'LL BE RIGHT OVER TO HELP EAT THE LEFT-OVERS!! =D I'd make it for camp, if I were you, and if someone doesn't eat it, they can starve. HA!
Love y'all,
Heather =)
Me, Caleb, Ella, and Abby vote yes! There was only one "no" vote. Guess who?!
It looks Delicious!!!! I don't know of many camps that have such gourmet meals!! I can't wait for camp just to be able to eat your cooking all week!!!
Sounds good to me! :-) looking forward to your cooking!!
Post a Comment