Thursday, May 24, 2007
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!
Father's Day is just around the corner and after 22 years of thinking of something to do at church for Father's Day I am running out of ideas. I have the gift for this year but what can I do different! I always like to give to the oldest and the most children because I feel they really deserve it. Please help me out! Any Ideas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
This is Phillip. Yeah, I have a GREAT idea. Give an expenses paid trip to church to the CNC father who lives farthest away -- ME! (I think) ;-D Actually, I don't know if these ideas are what you might be looking for but here goes: 1) A gift to the father who drives the greatest distance to be in service. 2) A gift to the father who has worked the most years at the same company. 3) The father with the most grandchildren. 4) The father with the most decendants (including kids & grandkids) in the church service. Also regarding extra gifts (which you may already have) small gift certificates to use at Sears (for Craftsman tools) or an outdoor outfitters (like Cabela's) are always a hit with men. I do really like how you have at times had things with CNC / church logo on it. Guys liked that a lot too. It not only makes the men happy, but it also really builds the CNC spirit & camaraderie too.
Whatever you do will be great, because men aren't picky and they will be thrilled with whatever they get. You have always done wonderfully with this every year, so don't worry.
Blessings and love to you and Bro. E,
Phillip D.
Phillip,
Thanks for the great ideas!
It nice getting some input from a man's point of view. I will take all your suggestion very seriously especially the expense paid trip. Only it will have to be in August:)
Love,
Sis E
Hi, I am friends with Janie and Deanna. I just had to comment on this, last year here (Hobe Sound), for Mother's Day they gave a gift to the mom with the most recent traffic ticket just for something different! And also the most recent baby.
Looks like you all had a great camping trip!
Some other ideas might be, to the Father who has cooked a meal for his family MOST RECENTLY...(Including grilling), and to the Father that has the most keys...more responsibilty. HA!
And by the way...if you DO fly the CNC Farthest Daddy away...home, I vote that his family comes too. ;)
We love and miss y'all bunches,
Heather =)
Thanks Heather,
Great ideas! We never did the meal thing I will try that one! We did the keys and we also did the tallest,most money,Biggest feet,dirtiest car,never washed his car(Rob Ryan):)
Why do you think I said he had to come home in August! That is so you all can come for camp:)
Love Ya,
Grammy
Thanks for all the great ideas!
Hopefully there won't be any men reading my blog and all of them cook a meal for their family:)
I do have to tell Phillip that I am hurt he did not suggest a gift card to A Closer Walk Outfitters~~~~~;-)ha ha ha just kidding. Guys do like Cabella's. Phillip and Heather had some awesome ideas.
Michellej
Post a Comment