Sunday, May 20, 2007

DAY ONE IN GERMANY!

Just got home from camping. Checking my email I got this first update on my sister Susan's trip to Germany for her surgery. I will keep you updated as soon as I get the info. Thank you so much for praying for her I know she really appreciates it!

Germany is beautiful and soooo clean. We went into the Straubing platz (town square) yesterday evening. Got lost on the return to the hotel though. Things went better today. Got a good map from Eckhard who owns the hotel and figured out a little better how to use the navigational system in the rented car. Still cant get the thing in English, but, oh well. Today, we drove to Regensberg. I guess it was about 30 min away via the autobahn. Another beautiful town and especially the St. Peter Church. Went through the town, some churches, and spent some time at a huge park. It was amazing. I overdid it. Am hurting now and probably will be hurting major a little later, but wanted to see something before going to the hospital tomorrow. Figured I will have 6 days to recoup.

Needless to say, Tim LOVES driving on the autobahn. lol Dont know how I will ever get him to drive the American speed limit when we get home. lol

It is a little harder here than I thought it would be, not knowing any German. Ryan is learning some and the lady that works here at the hotel is helping. They are sooooooo helpful and friendly here at the Romerhoff Hotel. Amazing people. Everyone is really friendly. Most are very patient even with the language issues. Alot of the younger people do speak at least some English. So we look for younger people when we need to order something or ask something.

I am getting very nervous about tomorrow now. Will probably be worse when I am actually at the hospital. Surgery is still scheduled for Tuesday as far as I know, although others told me not to be surprised by last minute changes. Can only pray that this works and that I have a quick recovery. Sure hope I am up to at least some sight seeing after my discharge. Should be hooked up to the internet fairly quickly after I am admitted to hospital tomorrow morning, so will try my best to keep in touch.

Well, need to give these legs a bit of a rest. I KNOW I overdid it today and legs and back are starting to tell me so.

Sorry about the mass mailing, but it is hard to sit at the computer and have to share with Ryan, of course.

Talk to you soon.
Susan

3 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for the update on your sister Susan...we are praying for her!


Hope y'all had fun camping!

Love, Heather =)

The Dickinsons said...

Grammy, we were just checking out the CNC website and saw the church announcements...WE WERE SOOOO HAPPY and surprised to see that Sarah's name was a part of the graduates this year. I cannot tell you how much that means to we missionaries to see that we have not been forgotten and to feel INCLUDED in our CHURCH back home. It makes our YEAR to see our birthdays listed, or our names on the prayer list, etc. Not that we need to be mentioned in every bulletin, but when we are mentioned, it means the world to know that WE ARE STILL A PART OF OUR CHURCH IN OHIO. =) Just wanted to say THANKS!!!

Love ya'll bunches,
Heather =)

Gayle said...

Heather,
You all are a part of us! Sometimes I need a reminder on some things so if there is any news always let me know.
Love,
Grammy